Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cookie Cutter Afternoon

During Alexee's nap on Sunday, Rhett & I looked through some cookbooks to find a few holiday recipes. One thing we wanted to make was roll-out sugar cookies. Rhett found a recipe that he wanted to use for those. It was a little dry and difficult to roll out, so I won't post the recipe (I don't think I'll use that particular one again), but he had fun flouring, rolling, cutting, etc. We had to make a lot of small stocking cookies because it was hard to get a large piece of dough rolled for our larger cookie cutters. We did manage to make a few non-traditional holiday shapes, such as dragonflies and tulips.

Ready for icing and sprinkles (tomorrow's project)!

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Fun! We made cookies last night and Ella Grace had the best time decorating and Evan had the best time eating. LOL!

Just catching up on a few days of blogging I missed. I'm loving the name "Crosby!"

pengellylove said...

J,
Sounds like we both spent the day making cookies instead of being out in the cold, icy weather.
Love catching up with you on your blog!
Mel

The Allens said...

That's wonderful and you look GREAT at 24 weeks!