We've had a fun Christmas Eve. We took the kids to The Purple Cow for lunch today where they enjoyed sharing an eggnog milkshake for dessert. Rhett & I made cookies for Santa this afternoon during Alexee's nap, and Rhett watched several Christmas cartoons. Tonight I gave them early baths, put them in their Christmas PJs, they ate dinner and then we went out for a drive to look at Christmas lights. Lane also dropped me off at the front door of Kroger to grab a few last-minute items. It was 5:42 when I hopped out of the car, and they were announcing when I got inside that they would be locking the doors at 6:00. I didn't need many things, but what I did need seemed to be spread out all over the store, so I made a very speedy trip down the aisles with my cart. Rhett was actually anxious to get home and get to bed for once because he was so excited about it being Christmas Eve! He wanted to put S's cookies out for him, and he also moved the fireplace screen and opened the fireplace door for S. He asked Lane to write a note to leave by the fireplace that said, "Please look in the kitchen for your cookies." I'd told him we'd have to leave the cookies up on the cabinet so that Bogart wouldn't eat them! Right before bed, Lane showed the kids the Santa Tracker on Google Earth then we all sat on R's bed and read a few of their Christmas books. I've loved seeing the excitement on their faces today. I hope they have a really fun day tomorrow. We're so blessed!
Before going out for our Christmas light drive:
She's changed so much since last Christmas!
His expression here sums up his excitement level today!
I just love looking at her in this sweet little Christmas gown. I told Lane that she looked like a Christmas doll!
One of the scenes we saw in someone's yard:
Rhett carefully placing the cookies on the plate for Santa:
He said he'd better open the fireplace doors--Alexee and Bogart watched:
Finding Arkansas on the Santa Tracker:
Two precious kids--I'm so grateful for my family!
Rhett arranged this nativity scene on his nightstand. I thought it was cute that, in addition to the characters that came with the set, he included his moose and bear figurines. He appropriately pointed them all toward the Baby Jesus. I pray that He will remain the focus of our celebration.
Reading "The Birth of a Savior":
Escape to the Country With Me
9 months ago



3 comments:
What a precious family to be a part of at Christmas time!! Y'all are wonderful parents and I've SOOO enjoyed reading your blog this year.
Merry Christmas to y'all!!
(Love Rhett's face in that one picture! so cute.)
OH - such a fun Christmas!!! I can't wait for 2-3 years from now!!!
I LOVE their Christmas pajamas! They look like they should be in a magazine! You and Lane have started really fun traditions for them!
I hope your Christmas has been wonderful today!
They look so sweet in their little matching pj's. I love Rhett's "excited" face...he looks like the little boy in the "Home Alone" movie!!
Hope Santa found his way to your house and the kids were delighted!
Post a Comment