Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Breakfast in bed

Rhett came up with the idea all by himself for us to serve Daddy breakfast in bed (I'm trying not to be jealous that the idea didn't come to him in time for Mother's Day last Sunday!). He asked to do it yesterday, but he had school, so we postponed it until today. We made strawberry muffins. When they came out of the oven, I told him that we needed to think of some sort of tray to use, and he immediately suggested a cookie sheet. I thought that was a great idea. So we placed two muffins on a Ronald McDonald plate (mine from about 25 years ago) and off he went to deliver them. Notice the bell hanging from his right hand...he wanted to give this to Daddy to ring if he needed anything. He rang it once to request a napkin, which Rhett thought was fun.

He is so sweet. I say it all the time--everyone does--but they just "grow up too fast". This picture almost makes me cry:

Sweet times.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I love this - so sweet!!!!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness..he melts my heart!! Should we start placing our orders now for Chef Rhett at the beach?

The Hickmans said...

What a sweetie!!

Leigh Ann said...

That IS soooo sweet!

Anonymous said...

Rhett is so sweet! Who doesn't love breakfast in bed?