I met Ali at the mall this morning to look for a simple, white dress for A to wear for black & white photos at the beach. Ali suggested buying a cotton slip, which is what this is below. It was $10! I think it will be perfectly cute for a picture in the sand. If we don't ruin it, we're going to pass it along to A's friend Maylee for her beach picture later this summer. Does anyone have experience making pillow case dresses? That was another of Ali's recommendations (she's on speed-dial for all these questions I keep coming up with!)...but I'm afraid I don't have time to tackle that project before we leave. Maybe later for some little summer dresses...they look fun and easy enough to make. Let me know if you have any tips on making them!?
Escape to the Country With Me
8 months ago


8 comments:
Jamie
My mother-in-law has made our girls' some pillow case dresses. You could look at them and measure them and probably just copy them. They do look pretty easy to make. And they are so cute on! Your white slip purchase looks really cute, too. I bet it'll make a great photo.
Oh, I can't wait to see the pictures!! Sorry, no sewing experience here...
That is such a cute idea! I looked all over last year.. late in summer for a white dress for beach pictures and never thought of the slip dress! I will definitely have to get one for our pictures this summer! Thanks for sharing.
PS: I have been lurking off of Leigh Ann's blog! ;) decided I would comment finally.
I totally love the slip idea. I actually have done that myself last summer. You really can't tell the difference, and there is something about a simple, white dress on a little girl in the summer. So crisp and clean. I love it. I'll look forward to seeing you pictures. And, $10, you gotta love that!
How cute, I can't wait to see the pictures.
Call Mom, she's the one who makes dresses out of anything. I remember some little dresses she made for you when you weren't a whole lot bigger than Alexee. (I don't think they were white, though)
The slip idea is so sweet. I've never heard of a pillow case dress so I can't be of any help there, but I'm thinking I might just need to get Ali's number for my next craft criss. Surely she will know what to do!
She's going to look so cute on the beach..Ali has great ideas!!
I visit your blog often from Kelly's and Leigh Ann's. Thanks so much for this idea! We are going to the beach next weekend and I hated to buy a white dress that would get stained in a matter of minutes. I found a slip for $10 and I think it might even be the same one you got! Thanks! :) My blog is private, but I'll send you an invite in case you want to read.
Post a Comment