It has been a fun Saturday. Lane and Rhett went out this morning to run some errands, including breakfast at the donut shop and a trip to Home Depot and Best Buy. When they got home, Lane mowed the yard, and Rhett helped for a while. R was so cute coming in to ask me to fix them each a glass of ice water. I peeked out once and saw them sitting on the deck taking a break together--it made me smile. R loves to get to do things like that with L. He has a little plastic mower that he uses. :) While they were gone, Alexee and I (tried) to pack a few things for our beach trip. We also had a dress up session with the dresses that a friend loaned Alexee for the beach (thank you, Becca--several of them fit and look so sweet! I'm excited about taking pictures of the kids in the sand.). I think A liked trying them on. You can tell the child has had her picture made a zillion times in the last 15 months because she wants to hold the camera, and she says "cheeeese" when she holds it!
This evening our former neighbor, Andrea, came to babysit while Lane and I attended a wedding. Rhett was so excited to see her--she's been away at college this year. She always brings fun stuff for him to do. She told me when we got home that R wanted to leave the craft on our bed so that we could see it (which I thought was so sweet). It was a cute fish craft made from a paper plate! Andrea is so sweet and wonderful with children. She's majoring in education...she will be the perfect teacher. We're super excited that she's home for the summer!
The wedding we attended was Sarah Baker & Ben Wellons' (that's probably not the correct use of the ' ). Sarah Baker also babysits for us some, and she is one of the sweetest girls ever--she's beautiful inside and out! She was the first one (other than family) to ever keep Rhett for us, and I've always completely trusted her taking care of our kids. She's been special to me since the first time I met her. I didn't take my camera to the church, but it was a beautiful wedding. (I love weddings!) I always cry--never fails. Lane made the mistake of saying, "it must be weird to see your daughter get married" right before the music started. So that didn't help with the crying. Both the bride and groom wrote wonderful tributes to their parents, and the groom's father did the ceremony, so that was really neat.
Here we are before the wedding:


Escape to the Country With Me
7 months ago


5 comments:
Yummm...wedding cake. My favorite food group.
I cry at weddings on TV of people I do not even know!! Jamie, you look so cute...love your dress. Ya'll have a wonderful time at the beach!
I love your dress! You look beautiful! Have a great time on your vacation.
You look so pretty. I love your dress. I ALWAYS cry at weddings.
Love your dress - you look so pretty!!!!!
I can't wait to see pics of A&R in the sand!!! Hope you get a ton!!!!
Post a Comment