Saturday, May 31, 2008

A First Birthday Celebration!

My sweet nephew, Jeryn, turned ONE today--I can't believe it! We went to his party at my sister's house this afternoon. She cooked a delicious dinner and had a super cute cake and lots of cute decorations! We had a great time visiting with family and watching J eat his cupcake (he enjoyed every bite of it!).

Birthday boy--look at those pretty eyes!

He has the best little personality. He's very happy and easy-going.

Mic's decorated kitchen

The cake was done in the same colors as J's nursery. I thought it was really really cute...and yummy, too!




Monogram cookies

Rice crispy treat favors with pictures of Jeryn tied to them

A precious baby picture of J with Micaela's and Mario's hands on him

cherry limeade--I love any party that serves Sonic drinks! :)

Rhett & Jaiden counting out candy for their plates--I think Rhett has eaten approximately 130 lbs. of sugar today.

Alexee giving Mario's Dad a high five

9 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

What a great cake! Your sister decorated everything so cute! I love that pic of A giving high five!

Sharmin said...

Happy Birthday Jeryn! I can't believe he's already a year old!

Kelly said...

Aw - sweet Jeryn - I can't believe he is already ONE!
Micaela did so good - what a great party! I love that cake and those monogrammed cookies! And I love all the pictures and decorations!
M - if you read this - you are a great party planner and J&J are such beautiful children!!!!!
Oh and love the cherry limeade!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Did you say PLANNER? I was calling Jamie on Thursday afternoon in a complete panic because I had just mailed out the invitaions the day before! I told her I would be up for the next 48 hours srtaight getting things ready because of my lack of planning...and I think I was...hee! Thanks, but I have to credit Jamie for giving me the ideas for the rice crispies on skewers party favors and giving me a lot of ideas. I was proud of how the cake turned out though. I took paint samples to a bakery in Conway and told them what I wanted. I worried all week that is would be a mess, but it was even cuter than I had imagined! Jamie, thanks for spending the afternoon with us celebrating little man's birthday. This is the longest comment in history...mgt

His Doorkeeper said...

Mgt...you did wonderful...even if it was rushed! I would hate to see what a fete would look like if you had time to plan!! Jamie, thanks for sharing the pictures of a sweet little boy(who we can hardly believe is one) and his birthday party!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a silent reader via Trim & Fashionable's blog. I had to come out and comment that I love the bakery in Conway. Those cookies are a huge favorite of our family and that cake is gorgeous!

The Hickmans said...

How fun! I love the colors and decorations- awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word. THE CAKE!

Heather said...

Happy 1st B-day Jeryn..he's such a cutie. Love the cake and decorations!!