We're home safely! We got home around 7:30 last night.
It was such a fun week, the weather was beautiful, the house we rented was perfect, the kids played well together, we laughed a ton playing Taboo (the girls ruled at that game!), the seafood was delicious, it was wonderful to see two of my college friends, the guys caught lots of fish on Thursday, the girls had lunch out and saw a cute movie (Made of Honor) on Thursday, it wasn't crowded at all, it wasn't too hot, we ate fresh key lime pie, etc. etc.
With all that said, it was also very nice to be home...back to the routine and back to our own beds. The kids loved the beach at the beginning of the week, but the new wore off of it for them I think, and Alexee didn't feel well toward the end of the week--I think it was teeth (my on-going excuse). She cried and cried and only wanted to be held. This made it very difficult to play on the beach. Maybe she was just homesick...I think Rhett was a little homesick toward the end. He started crying on the way home and said that he missed Bogart. :) Rhett also broke out in yet another rash (Lane suggested scheduling an appointment with an allergist, which I plan to do this week), so he had to take Benedryl before the drive home. Something didn't settle well with me at lunch on Friday, so I had a stomach ache the last 24 hours of the trip. So I guess it was time to come home and recover! I'm SO glad we went though--it was very much worth the drive! I think it would have been easier if Alexee was just a little older. Rhett was super easy and content watching DVDs in the car, but Alexee would get bored and there's not much reasoning with her right now. She's not much of a car sleeper either--two 30 minute naps on the way down (out of 10 hours) and two 30 minute naps on the way back. They were so cute in the sand though, and the ocean is always so amazing just to look at! We had a beautiful view from our room and slept with the windows open so we could hear the waves.
Here are just a few of my favorites from the week. Click here and here to view albums of the entire trip if you're interested.











With all that said, it was also very nice to be home...back to the routine and back to our own beds. The kids loved the beach at the beginning of the week, but the new wore off of it for them I think, and Alexee didn't feel well toward the end of the week--I think it was teeth (my on-going excuse). She cried and cried and only wanted to be held. This made it very difficult to play on the beach. Maybe she was just homesick...I think Rhett was a little homesick toward the end. He started crying on the way home and said that he missed Bogart. :) Rhett also broke out in yet another rash (Lane suggested scheduling an appointment with an allergist, which I plan to do this week), so he had to take Benedryl before the drive home. Something didn't settle well with me at lunch on Friday, so I had a stomach ache the last 24 hours of the trip. So I guess it was time to come home and recover! I'm SO glad we went though--it was very much worth the drive! I think it would have been easier if Alexee was just a little older. Rhett was super easy and content watching DVDs in the car, but Alexee would get bored and there's not much reasoning with her right now. She's not much of a car sleeper either--two 30 minute naps on the way down (out of 10 hours) and two 30 minute naps on the way back. They were so cute in the sand though, and the ocean is always so amazing just to look at! We had a beautiful view from our room and slept with the windows open so we could hear the waves.
Here are just a few of my favorites from the week. Click here and here to view albums of the entire trip if you're interested.













8 comments:
Jamie,
You got some wonderful pictures! The house looked beautiful and it looked like you had great weather. I love the family pics on the beach. They are beautiful. I know you'll enjoy looking at them for many years to come. Sorry that Alexee didn't feel well on some days. The kids' clothes were so cute! I loved Alexee in white. Very pretty.
I'm so glad you had such a good time. You really got some great pictures! Your family looks so cute! We have been debating on the beach this summer, but I think we have decided to wait until EG is a little older. I know Alexee did a lot better than EG would do at this point...especially the car ride. Glad you are back safe and sound. You are right, there is nothing like your own bed no matter how much fun you are having. :)
It IS good to get home!!!
Love the pictures of ya'll at the beach - love ya'll all in white -that would make a great Christmas card!!!!!
Looks like you guys had a great time! I love all the white on the beach.....the pictures turned out great. We're headed for Destin on Friday, so we'll be doing our "Beach" thing next week!
Love the beach pics! Love the beach house y'all stayed in ,too!
Mel
The pics look great..can't wait to download mine and post on the blog. Fun trip and wonderful memories made...cheating therapist!! :)
Hey! You guys got some great pics! It's so hard to get all those forces of nature to work out: lighting, ocean line, happy & willing kids, etc. I'm so glad it all worked out. LOVE the kitchen where you stayed. I might have been tempted to sleep there - it was so nice!
So glad you all had such a great time!! you have such a beautiful family!
Post a Comment