Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wednesday at the beach

Yesterday was another fun day. We went out to the beach soon after breakfast and built sandcastles and sprayed water guns. When we needed a break from sand in our eyes, we went to the pool. There's a nice, neighborhood pool just around the corner--we drove because of all the gear, but it's not far away. It was the first time we'd been in a pool with Rhett since he's started swim lessons, and we were amazed at his confidence. He was swimming back and forth and not making a big deal at all about water in his eyes or mouth or nose--HUGE improvement over a few months ago. It's really neat to see his improvement. Alexee loved floating around in her inflatable ladybug--she even voluntarily drank a little pool water. We came home for lunch and had birthday cake for Duncan--yesterday was his 3rd birthday. Alexee took a long nap (3+ hours)--I finally had to wake her up to go get ready for an early dinner. We went to the Oyster House last night (yum!) then went to The Track to let the kids play/ride go-carts/bumper boats, etc. Rhett drove the kiddy go-cart all by himself...we were so excited!

This morning the guys got up at 4:30 and left to go on an all day fishing trip, so it's just the girls and kids. I think we're going to the pool for a while, then we'll probably drive into town and eat pizza for lunch or something. We're 20 minutes from Gulf Shores, so it's not a quick trip, but I love our house and where we're staying out in Ft. Morgan. Alexee woke up at 7:00, so I dressed her (Becca, in the first outfit you loaned her--she looked so cute!) and took her down to the beach for early morning lighting pics. She cried though, and I got distracted and lost track of the horizon line (Sandra, I didn't realize this would be hard to pay attention to!? I thought I was watching, but I was just trying to keep her from crying and forgot). So I don't know that I got any great pictures, but I tried. It's hard to have the kids ready and at the beach that early, but hard to have them there at late evening lighting too because of going out to dinner, etc.

I'll post all our pictures when we get home.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Your vacation sounds so fun!!! Oh I'm jealous you ate at the Oyster house - that is our all time favorite!!!
Taking beach pictures is tough because it has to be early morning or before sunset and neither of those times are convenient.
I'm glad you are having a great time!

Leigh Ann said...

I can't wait to see your pictures from this trip. Your plans sound so fun. I know you are proud of Rhett. That's a big accomplishment for such a small guy! That's awesome. Beach pictures are soooo hard!!! I wish I was there. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! Take a deep breath and try to soak in all you can....you are making such precious memories!!

Anonymous said...

You will get some awesome beach shots. If the early morning isn't working well, then maybe you can try sunset & order in pizza for supper? It'll be worth the photos!