I decided to try to get R to draw a little bit this afternoon. He doesn't really like to color/draw/write, but I'm worried that he needs to work on it anyway. So he wanted to draw his cousin Jaiden and his friend Mallory first. I had to try not to laugh out loud when he was drawing one of the noses and said (very seriously), "heeeere's the nose, and I need to draw two holes in it for where the boogers go..." I helped him write their names on the drawings, and he wants to send them his artwork. Then I asked him if he'd draw me, and I would pose like Max did in a Max & Ruby cartoon. This is what he came up with:
He spent a lot of time on my shoes at the bottom. Also note the belly button and crazy hair. :)
He's started having Circle Time in his room during the hour that he "rests" (he doesn't take a nap anymore). Bear, Clifford and Bunny are the students, and he reads them a big stack of books. I can hear him in his room as I sit here at the computer, "How does a dinosaur say goodnight..." He's so funny!
More beach preparations...I bought these little folding chairs at Target today. I was thinking about looking for iron-on or adhesive letters to put their names on the backs...does anyone know about a product like that that might work?
Escape to the Country With Me
7 months ago


3 comments:
I just can't believe how big Rhett is getting. It's unbelievable how fast he is turning into a big boy!!! I love the drawing - I would say it looks a lot like you! The red hair at least!
I love circle time -that is precious!
And I love the chairs!!! So cute!
I love that Easter Story book Rhett is holding up in the photo. We have that book too! The illustrations are so good! I'm glad that you're encouraging Rhett to color & draw. (Loved your orange shoe!) I think iron on letters would work great on those chairs. Can't wait to see the final product!
R's artwork is perfect. And circle time J, how precious!! I just love that little boy and can't wait to spend a week with him and A. Brooks is going to learn so much from he and Duncan at the beach.
Let me know what you do with the chairs, I just might need to do something with B's too.
Post a Comment