Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

This morning Rhett, Alexee and I went to my sister's church for Baby Jeryn's dedication. Jeryn and his big sister Jaiden looked so sweet in their matching green outfits, and it was an honor to be a part of the dedication service. He's such a sweet baby--he's so good all the time--I rarely see him cry!


Lane had to drive the shuttle at our church, so the plan was for him to meet us afterward for lunch with my family. He got to the restaurant 10 minutes before the reservation time that my sister had made last week (and confirmed this morning), but they were WAY behind, and we didn't get seated for another hour and 15 minutes. Things didn't really improve after finally getting a table...we were at the restaurant for a total of three hours, and the service was the worst ever. Poor Lane finally went out to the car and switched Alexee's car seat over to his car and took her home because she was done eating and exhausted--I just had his meal boxed up and he ate at 3:45 when Rhett and I got home! The kids were all really good, considering. Rhett did put a large spoonful of spaghetti in Jaiden's tea, but things like that don't really surprise me. :) Oh well, it was great to see my family anyway, and we always have fun together. We always seem to get into stuff like that...I was reminded of the time we decided it would be a good idea to go to Silver Dollar City to see the Christmas lights on a December weekend when I was 7 months pregnant.

So after the 6 hour trip to church & lunch, here we are back at home...these are the only Mother's Day pictures I actually took--I guess we should have taken some group photos at the restaurant to pass the time!?

I'm so thankful to be Mom to these two sweeties.


(Alexee is wearing a pair of R's old baseball PJs. She looks so much like him!)

5 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Happy Mother's Day. I love that A is wearing R's pj's. I definitely see the resemblance. I didn't take ANY photos today. I just realized it! :(

Kelly said...

I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day! I wish you would have taken pics of your family!!!!

Sharmin said...

It looks like your Mother's Day was fun....at least when you got home.

I'm going with a whole bus load of 6th graders to "Steal Your Dollar" City Thursday, prayers may be in order.

Heather said...

So sorry you had such a tough day..cute cute pics with the kids in the playroom. Seems like everyone has horrible memories of Silver Dollar City..didn't Kelly and her family go over Christmas and have to wait like 4 hours in the parking lot to leave?? My last memory of the place was a roller coaster-motion sickness-flower bed!! Why is that place still in business?

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry your Mother's Day was so hectic. I don't think I could have waited that long for food. I seriously would have gone to the drive through and had a picnic in the park. Your Silver Dollar City flash was perfect. I remember when you guys went there. Loved seeing Alexee in Rhett's pj's.