Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Order up

This Sunday will be our first service in our new church building! It's going to be so exciting--I can't wait!

Tonight I attended a training session for the Cafe volunteers. We'll be offering more breakfast items now, including 3 kinds of omelets! We were to choose two jobs to train in tonight...I trained as a cook and an order-taker. I don't think I've ever made (or eaten) an omelet before in my life. I tried to make one tonight...you'll see below that I need practice. I might do a trial breakfast Saturday morning, just in case I get assigned to the cooking station this Sunday. The new kitchen is amazing:

The cute new aprons that we'll get to wear:

Here's my first attempt at an omelet. I tore it when flipping it over. Some people were sampling them (I didn't--I don't like them), but I'm not sure if anyone tried mine? :(

Here's where people will order...I think it looks so neat!


This is the central part of the building...the cross from our previous campus. I'm so glad they brought it to the new place!

11 comments:

Kelly said...

I think you might have just convinced Scott to move to LR and join your church with this post!!!!

I love that you work in the cafe - that is so neat.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leigh Ann said...

Derek would have totally eaten that omelet you made! :) Those facilities look amazing! What a great ministry opportunity! I hope everything goes very smoothly this weekend in the new building!

Flo and Grace said...

Whoa! It is so beautiful! I can't imagine a church like that....our little town still has the white steepled church that seats maybe 400 in it's sanctuary! : )

His Doorkeeper said...

Wonder if our church would be interested in a little cafe?? Maybe Randy and Greg would be our cooks!!
har har

pengellylove said...

Can't wait to place an order for an omelet!!! Girl, I am so proud of you signing up for this job, you will be great!
Mel

The Hickmans said...

WOW!! What a neat ministry. :) Hey, it doesn't matter what it looks like, just what it tastes like!

The Richards said...

what a beautiful campus (what i can see anyway) And the cafe looks like a straight up restaurant - very contemporary place of worship!

Heather said...

Let me try this again and check my spelling before I post a comment..the omelet made me laugh b/c I know how much you hate eggs. The new cafe is beautiful, what a fun place to spend Sunday mornings serving others!!

Sharmin said...

What a neat thing to do. I don't know if we could make it for breakfast, though, we barely make to to Sunday School on time as it is! The church looks gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

That's an amazing building. Very creative!