This afternoon R asked me if everyone in the world came out of someone else's tummy. I said yes, then he asked me if anyone came out of God's tummy. I reminded him that God created Adam and Eve, then He gave Eve a baby and then lots and lots and lots of babies have been born since then. I said something like, "Someday when you're all grown up you'll have a family of your own and have a baby in your house." I guess this bothered him a lot...not the baby part, but the indication that he would be living somewhere else. He instantly got huge tears in his eyes and asked, "I won't live with you forever? I want to stay here with you even when I'm grown." Of course I nearly cried, too, and I told him that he could stay here as loooong as he wanted to. I told him that if he changes his mind, then we'll come to visit him and his family often, but if he doesn't, he's welcome to stay here with us. :) (I'll come back and read this when he's a teenager and griping about what unfair parents we are.)
Escape to the Country With Me
7 months ago


5 comments:
We have these talks at our house a lot too. Zachary has finally decided that he can't marry me b/c God's 5 rules (or 10, but who's counting!) say you can only have one wife!
It's cute now, but let's hope they grow out of it! I can imagine a 40 year old grown Z still living with me!:)
That is so sweet! I bet it just melted your heart!
While I was reading this I was thinking... oh, Jamie will have to hide this in her heart, because the teen years are coming. Then I read your final note. Ha!
You are the best mom, you will have no trouble keeping your little ones hearts... just like your parents still have yours!
These talks are life's most precious moments. God's gift.
Oh, how sweet of him! J has asked me questions similar to this before and I told her once when she was patting and rocking her dolls that one day she will make a wonderful mother and she got furious with me because she didn't like the idea of being an adult with children. It is amazing how their little minds work!
Post a Comment