Thursday, October 30, 2008

Unexpected Haircut

It must be something about this time of year...Rhett gets the urge to give himself haircuts (see last November). Looking back, it wasn't the best idea, but I trusted Rhett to use his little Kindergarten scissors to work on a Halloween Jack-O-Lantern activity, unsupervised. I guess the jack-o-lantern got boring, and hair seemed like a lot more fun to cut. I was just sick. Here we are again, approaching Christmas card photo time...with another buzz cut.

(If you see him, please don't mention the haircut--he knows he's in big trouble over it, and I think he realizes it's something he doesn't really need to laugh about. One of the ladies at the salon yesterday asked him, "Did you have fun with those scissors, Rhett?" He didn't say anything.)

Before:
After:Here he is planting the apple seeds from an apple he ate yesterday afternoon. He's hoping they will grow into a tree and we'll never have to go to the grocery store for apples again.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

I am just waiting for Emily to pull this stunt! At least he still looks really cute!

Jacquie said...

Well, that haircut is just adorable!!

Candy said...

Oh my goodness!!! SO FAR, my kids have not tried this. I shouldn't say that too loud though! Atleast he still looks VERY CUTE with his short hair cut! :)

The Allens said...

I think he looks cute!

Kelly said...

OH NO!!!
but I think he looks SO cute and grown up with the buzz cut!! I really like it!

The Milams said...

I know you don't want to hear it, but I LIKE the buzz cut.

You really should watch your children closer...:)