It hasn't really felt slow, but as far as blog material goes, we don't have a lot to report on this week. Tuesday night we had Bible study. Wednesday morning I had my 16 week doctor's appointment (heard baby's heartbeat--a quick visit). Then I rushed from there to the grocery store and back home to unload everything before grabbing a quick lunch with Lane before time to pick up the kids. That afternoon I cooked for my meal day (I switched from Monday for this week). I made a huge pot of chili and a strawberry salad and apple crisp with ice cream. I could tell on Tuesday that I was starting to get a cold, and I thought Alexee was as well. By yesterday, I was feeling pretty rotten and Rhett had caught the cold too. After I put the kids down for bed last night, I went straight to the couch and didn't get up until bedtime. That's really unusual because night time is the only time I can ever get anything done. I didn't even try last night. I think I feel a little better today--we made a trip out to Walgreen's and the post office and the car wash--exciting stuff. Other than that, we've been playing school and cops & robbers today.
Rhett did receive a fun package in the mail this week--the horseshoe he's been waiting on from Mo. He was interested in the shoes last time he visited there, and Mom picked up one of the horses feet to show him. He wanted to take one home with him, but I don't think Mom wanted to send a dirty one. She bought a shiny new one at the farm store and sent it in the mail. He was excited to get it. Here he is trying to open the package: Rhett loves to play school, and lately he likes to do math problems. I'm not sure what sort of math a 4 1/2 year old should be able to do? He answered all eight of these simple addition and subtraction questions himself and wrote the answers. He likes to get stars by his work. I hope he does well in Kindergarten next year!
Here's Alexee playing with a toy during math class and saying "cheeeese".
Escape to the Country With Me
7 months ago


3 comments:
Rhett is already doing math? He might need to skip past kindergarten and go on to 1st or 2nd grade? I'm sure he'll be the star of his class.
I hope you feel better and have a good weekend!
I love how excited Rhett is to get snail mail! Um, is someone going to let Alexee know the toys won't get to be a part of school at some point? ha!
Hope y'all feel better...
I think it's so neat that your mom sends R packages in the mail. AND I am SOOOO impressed that he can do simple math equations...keep up the good work mom.
Post a Comment