My friend Sandra (see 10/17 post) came back through town Sunday and spent the night before flying out on Monday. While she was here, we took Rhett to a birthday party, and then we stayed up until midnight organizing all my scrapbook stuff. She's very organized and accustomed to a lack of closet space in China, so she's very wise and efficient when it comes to supply storage, etc.--she was a huge help!!! She "made" me throw away lots of junk (such as pages from old Mary Engelbriet calendars) that I had no use for anyway--it was the push I needed to get Rhett's books in order and develop a plan for completing Alexee's (year 1) book before Baby #3 arrives. Monday morning we went to Hobby Lobby and the local scrapbook store in search of clear page protectors and to get help in binding R's books (it seems to require an engineering degree to expand and assemble those albums!).
I had several months of pictures (Alexee's) printed out, so she had me sort them by event and had me choose paper for each event and place them in clear plastic sheets for scrapping. She labeled each one with a Post-it note for me so I'd know the date of the event.
She said I had enough paper stored up to open my own scrapbooking shop out of the garage. We laughed about my supply because I'd bought the same exact paper about 4 times--I'm sure I was in Hobby Lobby at various times when paper was 50% off and purchased the same pattern every shopping trip. At least my taste was consistent!
We then met our OBU friend, Jennie, for lunch at a neat little place that I'd only been to once before. I will definitely go back soon though--it was delicious! I had a grilled veggie sandwich and their rolls were SO good! It was a quick but fun lunch visit before picking up the kids and dropping Sandra off at the airport. Thanks, Sandra, for all your help in organizing my life--I promise to try to complete the projects we started while you were here--please hold me accountable!
Escape to the Country With Me
7 months ago


5 comments:
Sometimes it's good just to have someone motivate you to get going on a project!
I have enjoyed reading about Sandra and her family with their life in China. She makes the most beautiful pictures...you feel like you are right there on the streets of China! Glad you got to be with her!
Julie is the same with organizing help...she is SO good at it. I am SO not. (Which is funny since I'm the accountant.)
I'm so glad we had lunch together! It was great to see you and Sandra both. We will definitely have to do it again!!
I'm the same way about scrapbook paper - I have a ton. Got to love those 50% off sales at Hobby Lobby. I need to get back to working on my kids' scrapbooks soon. Where does the time go?
Oops! You've reminded me to get my stuff organized again.
OK, now I think you need to come spend a few hours with me organizing scrapbook stuff and motivating me to get on with Brooks album!!
Post a Comment