Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Recipes

A few recipes I used yesterday:


Southern Living Weeknight Enchiladas

1 lb. ground beef, browned (I chopped up a green pepper with the meat, too)
1 small onion, chopped
1 (10 3/4 oz) can tomato soup, undiluted
1 (10 oz.) can mild enchilada sauce
8 (7 or 8") flour tortillas
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Cheddar, divided
sour cream (optional)
sliced olives (optional)

Brown beef and onion (and pepper, if desired). Drain, return to skillet. Stir in soup and enchilada sauce. Spread 1/4 cup meat mixture onto each tortilla; sprinkle tortillas evenly with 1 cup of cheese. Roll up tortillas, place, seam side down, in a greased 9 x 13" baking dish. Pour remaining meat mixture over tortillas. Cover and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese, bake until cheese melts. Serve with sour cream and olives, if desired. Yield: 4 servings.

Creamy Banana Pudding

1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
1 large box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 box vanilla wafers
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 large (16 oz.) Cool Whip
1 tsp. vanilla
4 bananas, sliced

In a large bowl, combine dry pudding mix, condensed milk, water and vanilla. Mix thoroughly and place in fridge for 5 minutes to chill.

After pudding mixture is chilled, fold in half (8 oz.) Cool Whip. Pour a layer of the pudding mixture in a large bowl (looks pretty in a trifle bowl), then layer vanilla wafers, then banana slices. Repeat the layers and top with remaining 8 oz. Cool Whip. I add crushed vanilla wafers to the very top. Chill 2-3 hours before serving.

6 comments:

In His Army said...

I wan to try this enchilada recipe...I'm so burned out on everything else I am in need of new recipes. I am making the bananna pudding cheescake right now, but just realized it needs to chill for 8 hrs. I'm thinking two hours will have to do!

Heather said...

Yummy to my tummy..I will be making these enchilladas very soon.

Kelly said...

I make that enchilada recipe with just a few variations. It was the only thing Dad ever cooked us growing up and I still love it! I made them a few weeks ago for the first time in years and I think I'm going to make them again soon!

His Doorkeeper said...

I was fixin' to say, "I think that is the recipe Steve used when he made enchiladas." The ONLY thing he ever cooked....but really good!

And that is the recipe for banana pudding my Mom used. it is rich and yummy!

Thanks, Jamie, now I am starving!!!!

Candy said...

YUMMY!!! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm about to print those recipes out now. I have been craving banana pudding! :)

Jacquie said...

Those enchiladas look SO yummy. Tyler would come live with you if you'd make him banana pudding every day!