Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm back!

I'm still here! Lane is on fall break this week, which has been great! After the picnic on Saturday (previous post), the kids rode home with my parents and spent the remainder of the weekend with them. We've been on a few little trips here and there without the kids, but I think it's been about four years since we stayed at home while they (Rhett) were out of town! It was a really quiet, relaxing weekend, and I was so thankful for a short break, but I was really ready to pick them up on Monday! It was just too quiet around here, and I had no idea what to do since there were no sippy cups to put in the dishwasher, shoes and dirty clothes scattered throughout the house to wash, toys to tidy up, beds to make, meals, snacks and juice cups to prepare, etc. etc. It made me realize how much I love the every-day craziness that goes on around here!

Today the kids had school pictures. They wore their matching fall outfits because you could pay $5 and have a sibling photo made as well. Hopefully they'll be good pictures! They looked cute this morning before they left--hair combed and sprayed, bow in, etc. Then this afternoon L's parents came to visit. R wanted Bobba & Grammy to play in the back yard with him. Here they are "repairing" the deck with some tape from my tool kit (Nicole, if you're reading this, they used the pink tool set that I had in college--ha!).

While they played with the kids, Lane and I ran a few errands to Home Depot and Sam's Club. We bought some (much-needed) organizer shelves for our garage. Hopefully we'll put those to good use very soon.

Grammy and Rhett:
Lane, his Mom & Alexee (Rhett was acting silly and refused to be in the picture):
Bobba hard at work in the kitchen--cleaning up the spaghetti dishes. Thanks, Bob!

We got one group photo, even though Rhett still wasn't really cooperating! I think Alexee liked having her picture made today--she was all smiles! Thank you, Bob & Rose Mary, for coming to see us this afternoon!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I love those little fall outfits - they are PRECIOUS! I hope the pictures turn out good!
I'm glad you and Lane got some much needed time alone together and I hope Lane is enjoying his break. I'm sure that is VERY much needed!

Heidi Zawisza said...

Oh my gosh!! Those striped outfits are awesome!!

Nicole said...

I love those outfits. They are too cute. You will have to post the pictures.

Jessica said...

Oh heavens!!! Could those outfits be ANY cuter?? I think not! : )

Leigh Ann said...

I know what you mean. I'm thankful for a break but then I can't wait to get the kiddos back!

LOVIN' them in their Chez Ami. I can't wait to put Evan and EG in theirs!

Jacquie said...

Sounds like y'all got some rare alone time!

I LOVE that last picture. Alexee makes me laugh!

In His Army said...

I love the photo in their Chez Ami outfits! I'm so excited that it's getting cool enough to break them out! The apple shoes look perfect!

Heather said...

Love the CA outfits!!