Monday, October 20, 2008

Parten Party

Sadly, our good friends, The Partens, are moving to Texas. Although it's a great opportunity and we're truly happy for them, we'll miss them terribly. They are a very sweet family. I worked for Trent at a local accounting firm several years ago. He was a great boss and a lot of fun to work with. Then, because it's such a small world, I moved to a new neighborhood, attended a Pokeno game at my neighbor's house and met Trent's wife, Stacy! She had a baby boy (Logan) just a few months younger than Rhett, and we started getting together for play dates on a regular basis. Then they had a baby girl just six months months before Alexee was born. We've spent a lot of time together through the kids' activities, and we also play Pokeno together once a month.

Saturday evening I helped with a going-away party for them at another friend's house. It was a fun party...I just wish we'd been celebrating their birthdays or something instead of a going-away! We wish them all the best and look forward to visiting them in their new home/new town!

Trent & StacyJamie, Ali, Stacy, Lianne, Tracie
Lianne had her house decorated so pretty for fall--everything looked great!
We had a lot of yummy appetizer-type foods. One of my favorites was the
Hot Bacon Dip
:
1 (16oz)container of sour cream
3 oz bacon bits (comes in a yellow packet- more like fresh bacon)
2 C shredded cheddar cheese
1 (8oz) pkg of cream cheese
1 chopped green onions

Heat oven to 400. In bowl, combine all ingredients. Place in 1 quart baking dish. Cover. Heat 25 to 30 minutes or until hot. Serve with assorted fresh vegetables, crackers and/or chips. Makes 3 cups.

5 comments:

Lisa Sherrill Roach said...

What is up with all your friends moving to Texas? Great place to live!!

Kelly said...

I wish people would never move away. I want everyone I know now to just stay here forever so our kids can all grow up together but I know that probably won't happen. So sad to say goodbye.
Your friend's house is GORGEOUS and all the food looks yummy!
P.S. You look so cute - can't wait for you to start showing!!!

Candy said...

Friends moving away is SO hard! I'm still not over my neighbor moving this past Spring!
P.S. check my blog to see why I was asking about the t-shirts :)

Anonymous said...

That food looks incredible! Let us know if you get the recipes!

Heather said...

Looks like a very fun party, and you are little miss adorable prego. Definitely have the "glow"!!