Saturday, October 4, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

Another fun idea I copied from MK's blog:

25 little things that make me happy:


1.  Almost everything about FALL!  Weather just cool and crisp enough to be comfortable in jeans and a long sleeve shirt, pumpkins, colorful leaves, apple cider...
2.  Miniature Twix candy-bars (I made the mistake of going down the Halloween aisle at Kroger).
3.  Seeing the kids play together, especially when Rhett makes Alexee laugh.
4.  Seeing the kids all dressed up for church on Sunday (the actual process of getting them dressed isn't always so fun though!).
5.  Sitting down to paint.
6.  Cute stationery...writing and receiving letters.
7.  Watching the kids play outside in Flippin--seeing them enjoy the same things I enjoyed as a kid.
8.  Thanksgiving--my favorite holiday (all the family and delicious food--dressing!!--without the shopping madness of Christmas).
9.  Red Velvet Cake on my birthday.
10. Going out to dinner with Lane (and our occasional lunch date to Trio's before picking up the kids at MDO...Trio's spinach dip & pita chips and strawberry shortcake).
11.  Flowers of all kinds--tulips are probably one of my very favorites.  And hydrangeas.  And daylilies, and calla lilies. 
12.  "The Office"--it always makes me laugh out loud.  Watching it with Lane and rewinding it if we think something is extra funny!  He always knows by my laughter if I'm going to say, "let's watch that part again."
13.  Shopping for clothes for the kids.
14.  Sonic drinks (cherry vanilla diet Cokes, but I've been skipping the caffeine since pregnant).
15.  Baking chocolate chip cookies (and eating them while they're warm).  (I guess 95% of my list has to do with food!)
16.  The 20 seconds after I've finished all the laundry and ironing--before anything else gets dirty and goes back into the laundry basket!  
17.  Office supply stores--Post it notes, cute paperclips, a new Sharpie...
18.  Hearing Rhett say Bible verses and sing songs, especially when he sings in the car with no prompting.
19.  Memories of our two trips to Hawaii...and dreaming of going back someday!
20.  Easter/spring/pastel colors.
21.  Fresh strawberries and pineapple.
22.  Fresh haircuts--my own, Rhett's, Lane's and Bogart's!  (Alexee doesn't really get regular haircuts yet).
23.  Scrapbook supplies (even though I don't seem to get around to actually using them anymore).
24.  The old Hymns...How Great Thou Art, Amazing Grace, Blessed Assurance, All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name, The Old Rugged Cross, It is Well...
25.  The kids all fresh and clean after their baths, and going in their rooms to check on them before I go to bed...Alexee's room smells like lotion and powder, and Rhett looks so sweet snuggled in his covers with his blue blankets and stuffed animals. As I close their doors every night I say, "Thank You, Lord."

7 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

sweet list! I hope your pregnancy is still going non-sicky-smooth!

The Milams said...

Ok...please don't break up with me over this, but I have NEVER watched an episode of The Office. I am thinking I may have to after hearing that you rewind to watch some parts again!!!

In His Army said...

These were fun to read...laughed about Bogart's fresh haircut. And I'm with you on the scrapbook supplies--in the last month I have bought a few scrapbook materials twice thinking, "This will make me go ahead and get started this week on that...." YEAH RIGHT!!!!

Candy said...

This was fun to read! :)

Leigh Ann said...

I love all the things on your list, too, but I think my favorite is when I also get my kids out of the bath and in their pajamas. I have love this pure, clean time since they were infants. I still love seeing them in their pajamas with wet hair and snuggling with them before bedtime. It's THE best!

His Doorkeeper said...

I love your list. I agree with you on the one that I love the times I am all caught up with washing/drying/folding/ironing! Such a good feeling! But I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even with just 2 people, that time is very short at our house!

I love the old hymns too!

Anonymous said...

We are a lot alike - it's almost uncanny. Favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, love hymns, think about food constantly, love Trio's, love those exact flowers you mentioned, obsessed with stationery and "real" mail, FALL, The Office... it just goes on and on.

No wonder I like you so much! :)

I went to Trio's for lunch the other day and was so sad strawberry shortcake was already out of season!