Monday, September 1, 2008

Thirty-five

Yesterday was Lane's birthday...#35!!! Whew, sounds pretty close to 40 to me! Thank goodness I'm a LOT younger than him. :)

He requested one of MK's Strawberry Pies for his birthday dessert. The recipe is below--I'm glad it turned out okay. I ruined several of these pies last year before finally learning how to make them correctly (I think it's all about the cornstarch??).

Happy Birthday, Lane! We love you!!!

A "3" and a "5":

STRAWBERRY PIE


1 cup water
1 cup sugar
6 tsp. corn starch (DISSOLVE IN THE WATER BEFORE ADDING TO SAUCEPAN)
pinch of salt

Put above ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir until thickened. (about the consistency of toothpaste, per MK.) Remove from heat and add a box of WILD STRAWBERRY jell-o. Stir this mixture until cools.

Add 2 pints of sliced strawberries. Pour into a frozen pie crust that has been baked and cooled. Refrigerate before serving.

Add cool whip when serving.

9 comments:

The Keltons said...

Happy birthday Lane! That pie looks delicious.

Scott said...

Happy 35th Lane!!!! I'll be joining him in December - UGH!!!!!!!
That pie looks good! I'll have to try it sometime. I haven't had a lot of luck with desserts lately. :-)

Kelly said...

Oops - that was from Me - not Scott. I was on his computer.

Jacquie said...

That pie is BEAUTIFUL!!! And looks so yummy. Everyone knows I'm not much in the kitchen... but I may have to try that one. (Strawberries are my fave)

Anonymous said...

That pie looks yummy! And I love Alexee's face in the first picture. She's cutting her eyes at Rhett or Lane - I can't tell. It is so cute!

Leigh Ann said...

That pie looks yummo! Happy B-Day Lane.

Pigtails & Pearls said...

I think I am going to make one for K!

Heather said...

Hope L had a great birthday weekend!! Pie looks yummy..I need to try that while the strawberries are still good.

The Hickmans said...

Mmmm! That looks delicious! Happy B-Day Lane. :)