Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Rain, rain, go away!

I was shocked when I got out on the road this morning--there are huge trees down everywhere! I can't imagine being right on the coast during hurricane season! It's crazy weather here, miles and miles away! Lane said that a lot of the stoplights in town are out so his drive to school included several detours. A small creek near our house looks more like a little river today. My friend, Kelly, pointed out that all this rain should mean a really beautiful, colorful autumn this year--what a great way to look at it! I hope she's right--I love fall colors!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Those pictures look bad. I've seen a few trees down in our neighborhood, but not many. Our power was out from 6am - 2pm today. We are glad to have it back on. I hope this rain ends soon. Maybe we'll have a beautiful weekend.

The Keltons said...

I haven't seen any trees down in Atlanta. However, we have had two dreary days of rain.

The Hickmans said...

Our prayers go out to everyone who has to clean up after the storms. I know it can be a loooong process.