Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A fall recipe

UPDATE: I made this dip this weekend--it makes a HUGE amount! I should have realized this with the giant can of pumpkin and the two blocks of cream cheese (and the last part of the recipe that states "makes 7 cups"). Anyway, it was okay...if you like pumpkin flavored things. From year to year I try to convince myself that I like pumpkin foods, when in fact I really don't. I love fall and pumpkin decorations so much that I guess I feel like I should like to eat pumpkin pie, etc. Maybe one day I will acquire a taste for it...but I don't think it's going to be this season. If you do like pumpkin though, go for it with this recipe. But unless you're trying to feed your whole town, I'd half the recipe!

***

Winning Pumpkin Dip


29-oz. can pumpkin pie filling
4 cups powdered sugar (how could it not be good!?)
2 8-oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. ground ginger
gingersnap cookies

Combine pumpkin, sugar and cream cheese in a serving bowl. Mix well; stir in cinnamon and ginger. Arrange bowl on a plate; surround with gingersnaps. Makes 7 cups.

*****

I haven't actually tried this recipe yet, but I plan to this weekend. It's from the Gooseberry Patch cookbook, Taste of Autumn, that Mom gave me a few years ago. It's such a cute cookbook because it has neat little serving and decorating ideas on each page. I love looking through it.

It's fun seeing pumpkin displays everywhere this time of year! This was in the lobby of Fresh Market when I stopped by today. Rhett & I pulled weeds and played outside for a while this afternoon. He likes to get the hammer and look for nails that need to be pushed back down on the deck. That's what he's doing here.

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

Sure wish you guys lived closer. I'd love to have Rhett's help around the house!

Sharmin said...

I love the pumpkins! I can't wait for the pumpkin patch close to us to open.

Rhett just cracked me up when I read the compost comment. He is one smart little cookie!

I love the little dirty painted toenails, Alexee is my kind of girl.