This morning I took the kids to the church playground to get some exercise. On our way there we saw a flock of Canada geese in an open field next to the church. I was so excited--that's not something you get to see every day in the "city". When I lived at home we'd occasionally see geese stop for a rest on the pond behind our house as they headed south for the winter. I explained to Rhett (what little I know) about migration, and told him I thought it was so neat that God could help the geese to know exactly where to go and how to get there. As we were playing at the playground, we got to see them fly above us in a V-formation. It was neat to get to see such a special display of God's handiwork while going about our daily business!
I'm curious about the one white one--he looked more like a duck?
Here's Rhett playing Purple Cow Restaurant on part of the playground equipment. There's a little bench and a "window" where you can order your food. I had to order about 5 times before I finally requested something that he had on his "menu". Wish it had been a real meal--I ordered a burger and fries and a purple shake. :)
The slides were all still wet from the rainy week we've had. Rhett didn't want to slide at all because he didn't want to get his shorts wet. Alexee, however, was soaked by the time we left. It's funny to watch them in different situations because R usually takes the cautious, older-child approach (like me), while Alexee is willing to jump right in and have some fun and worry about things like wet clothes later on. When it was POURING down rain a few days ago, Lane and I went out on the deck to try to anchor the crepe myrtle that was about to topple over because of the saturated ground. Rhett stood under the awning and watched and offered suggestions while Alexee, fully clothed, made her way down the steps and got down on her knees to splash her hands in the standing water. :) Are your kids different like this?
This afternoon we got to keep my nephew, Jeryn, while my sister took Jaiden to her hair appointment. Jeryn was so sweet. Rhett suggested skipping his rest time today so that he could help with Jeryn. :) He actually was a lot of help. J had fun chasing R around and throwing the baseball back and forth. They also swept the deck (R went inside to get J the small broom and dust pan), and they watched a few cartoons. Alexee slept almost the entire time he was visiting, so that made it a little less wild! Here are the boys watching a cartoon and having some marshmallows (sorry, Mic, I didn't feed him anything healthy while he was here).
Hope you have a great weekend!
Escape to the Country With Me
8 months ago


2 comments:
I guess you know how different my kids are. Kale used to come in from outside holding his hands up (like a surgeon prepped for surgery) because they were dirty. Tyler wouldn't come in from playing in the dirt/mud/whatever ... even to use the bathroom!
Kale measured and "ciphered" everything and if it just seemed to risky, he wouldn't dare try it. Tyler would jump first, then go back and see just how risky it was.
Thanks again for keeping him. Not to worry about not feeding him anything healthy...he won't touch a vegetable anyway!
Post a Comment