Sunday, September 21, 2008

The weekend here

A quiet weekend here...Friday night we all went to eat at Mimi's Cafe. I had the Grilled Veggie Ciabatta--yum! Saturday morning I went to the gym, then we played at home all day. Rhett rode his scooter outside for a while, and Alexee took a long nap. Saturday night my friend, Valerie, came over so Lane and I could go out for a date night. We had a great dinner at one of our favorite local restaurants then we stopped at Starbucks for coffee and sat outside and talked. (These cheesy pictures were obviously taken there. I forgot to have our picture made together before dinner.) It was a fun night out!
We had a great day at church today, then Rhett and I went to the grocery store while Lane studied and Alexee took another long nap. Rhett was funny at the store--he wanted to use one of the giant race car-carts that has no ability to turn. I kept bumping into things. I saw one of the partners from an accounting firm where I previously worked, and I almost ran over him with the cart! Rhett wanted me to hand him all the rectangle-shaped things so he could stack them next to him...he made sure to keep the Scooby-Doo fruit snacks on top "so they wouldn't get smashed". He insisted on handing items to the lady checking us out...I know this did nothing for the speed of the process, but there was no one behind us in line, and she was very sweet and patient to let him help--she even let him scan one thing. Then he wanted to help the guy at the other end bag the groceries. Then he wanted to push the cart to the car and help put the bags in the car. He was cute with all his helping, and it was fun to have a little bit of time just the two of us (even if it was at one of my least favorite places--the store!). We stopped by Sonic on our way home to celebrate surviving the Sunday afternoon grocery store crowd. Tonight I went over to Valerie's house to return the babysitting favor while she and her husband went out. It's always quiet at her house and I enjoy my time there without feeling like I should be doing laundry, putting away dishes, etc. I did my Bible study for our meeting this week and then looked through a fall cookbook...I've found a few new recipes I want to try...I'll post them here if they're good!

Hope you have had a great weekend!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend!!!
I'm looking forward to swapping babysitting with Laurie next year. Although Scott and I rarely go on dates now - but I have a feeling we'll need them next year! ha! You look so cute in your picture!
Share some good recipes if you get them because I'm at a stand still.

In His Army said...

All for a new recipe...I can't get in the mood to cook because nothing sounds good I've made it so many times. I did make your chocolate chip pumpkin bread from G-Mo's cookbook this weekend and it was yummy! Praying for you today--call me this afternoon sometime. Oh, and I meant to say that Alexee is sure a napper!!!!

The Keltons said...

Looks like a nice, relaxing date night. I hope I am feeling better soon so Ryon and I can go on a date.

Flo and Grace said...

I love going to Starbucks and having good conversation! That rarely happens though....but I try! : )

Heather said...

Fun nite out with your hubby..cute pics of you guys!! Good to catch up today. Miss you...

sherry said...

What a great way to swap! We've swapped kids but not going over and taking care of them. You kinda get some down time and they get a date night, brilliant!