This is a picture of my Great Grandmother Wood back in 1998. She passed away in 1999 when she was 90 years old. She would have been 100 just a few days ago on August 30th. She was such a neat lady and very special to me. She was blessed with being very healthy and active right up until the very end of her days. She was a lot of fun and always said entertaining things. Sometimes I'd stop by her house after my summer job to visit her. She had a cozy screened-in porch on the back of her house where she spent a lot of time. We'd sit out there and talk, and she almost always had something like fresh peaches or watermelon or pie, etc. to offer (and of course I always ate it). The tradition on my Mom's side of the family used to be Christmas Eve at Grandmother Wood's house, and she always made orange sherbet Christmas punch. I wish she could have met Rhett & Alexee--she would have loved them...and they would have felt the same about her, I'm sure! 

Escape to the Country With Me
8 months ago


5 comments:
Awww, Jamie. What a nice memory of Ms. Beulah!
Oh sweet Beulah!
I always think of her when I hear that song "Beulah land" (which is obviously not that often) ha!
She WOULD have loved A&R!
Sweet pictures, Jamie.
Those are precious pics J..wish I could've met that sweet lady!!
She looks like such a sweet lady. What wonderful memories.
Post a Comment