Today has been a busy day...and I still need to be cleaning house right now because we're hosting Bible study tomorrow night, but I decided to take a brief blog-break. I dropped the kids off at MDO then ran home to start making lasagna for my Monday meal day. Then I left at 10:00 to go to a doctor's appointment, met Lane for a quick lunch, picked the kids up and came home and finished cooking. I did lasagna, fruit salad, bread and cookie-dough cupcakes. The cupcakes are really easy--it's an idea I got from my friend Kelly. You just slice up pieces of refrigerated cookie dough and drop a chunk into each serving of cupcake batter before baking. I used yellow cake mix with chocolate chip cookie dough and milk chocolate frosting, but you could do any combination. I think peanut butter cookie dough would be yummy?!
Then we left about 4:45 to deliver our meals. It's always good to be reminded that God is involved in even the small details of our lives...for the first two weeks of our meal exchange, I took Becca's family their meal first because they have a Monday night commitment and I want to make sure they have plenty of time to eat beforehand. I'd planned to do the same tonight, but then when I got to the 4 way stop (turn left to go to Becca's), I just kept driving straight (to Elizabeth's house) for some reason--not really even thinking about it. So I dropped her meal off, then went on to Becca's. Then when I left there, I called Ali because she lives in the same neighborhood and I needed to pick up something at her place. I stopped in her driveway to chat for a minute. I turned off the car....talked...tried to turn the car back on to head home...nothing....car wouldn't start. So I had to call Lane to come over to help. Ali entertained the kids (and fed them dinner--thanks, Ali!!!) while Lane and I worked on the car (well, L worked, I watched and tried to come up with helpful hints--none of which were actually helpful). I was so thankful that I'd taken Elizabeth's meal to her first today so that it wasn't sitting in the back of my car getting cold while her family sat at home waiting on it! I was also very grateful that my car battery decided to go bad in front of a friend's house instead of in Wal-Mart parking lot while Lane was at school or something very inconvenient like that! Anyway...long story not so short...Ali's husband Brian was kind enough to drive Lane all over town looking for a new battery so that I could bring the kids home in L's car and get them ready for bed. Lane finally got home at 8:00 and we ate the lasagna that I thought we'd be eating around 5:15!
These pictures were from yesterday, but I thought they were cute...look at the tattoos Alexee gave herself with markers. They're washable markers, but I think the "washable" applies more to clothing...on skin they just kind of have to wear off. I scrubbed her in the tub, but I could still see the art on her this morning. :) 
Lasagna ready to go into the oven:
Fruit salad in the making:
I could eat a whole fresh pineapple by myself--yum!
I sent poppy seed dressing to go with the fruit, but it actually wasn't the greatest dressing I'd ever tasted...it was the Kroger brand, I think. I won't buy that particular one again.
Forgot to take a picture of the cupcakes...but I've eaten two of them!
Okay, back to cleaning house. Goodnight!
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


4 comments:
Oh, no!! Jamie I'm so sorry! While we sat at our house enjoying the yummy lasagna, fruit and cupcakes, you were right up the road with car troubles!! I feel so bad.
If it makes things any better, the meal was great and O ate all of it, too! Thanks.....
Your weekly meal amaze me. They always look so good and professional! I am so sorry about the car trouble. It is nice that it happened in your friend's driveway though!
Your lasagna looks so good! Recipe please! : )
Caden does "tatoos" all the time, lately it's been with sharpie!
Post a Comment