Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day trip to the zoo

Lane didn't have class today so we took a family trip to the zoo. Rhett's first stop is always the reptile house. Today I said, "Rhett, I'm going to take Alexee to look at the elephants while you and Daddy go to the reptile house, okay?" He said, "Sure. I know you're not too fearless when it comes to snakes." :) Alexee and I were lucky enough to get to the elephant exhibit just as a zoo truck was backing up to their gate with a leafy morning snack. Here they are looking at the tiger. Alexee is pointing at him.
I like the zoom on our new digital camera! I think giraffes are such beautiful animals.

Our last stop at the zoo was the "merry-ol'-round", as Rhett calls it. Alexee even got to ride her own horse today.

Then we went to lunch at Corky's before coming home for Alexee's nap. Rhett re-watched a Scooby-Doo movie that we recently recorded. He told me a few weeks ago that "Noggin just doesn't have any 'cool' cartoons on it, Mom." I guess Scooby-doo is somewhat of a timeless cartoon...I remember liking to watch it at my cousins' house when I'd go home with them after school (we didn't have cable!).

Tonight Lane and I went out to eat for his belated birthday dinner. We went to Copeland's and both had delicious steaks then we went to Starbucks after dinner and sat outside on the patio. It was a fun date night.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Fun LD trip to the zoo..R looks so cute in his monogrammed shirt. Are you surviving the rain?

The Keltons said...

Looks like a fun morning at the zoo. What a great picture of the giraffe. You always take such wonderful pictures.

The Hickmans said...

What a fun day!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing out loud at what Rhett said. He's so funny! If Rhett is tired of Noggin, there's a new show on PBS called Sid the Science Kid. We watched it today and it was pretty good. Kathryn's always up for anything new. She also loves The Magic School Bus (it comes on TLC in the mornings).