This morning Alexee & I went by the bakery to pick up a dozen cookies (plus 2 extras, one for each of us). We sat at one of the tables and had cookies & juice for "brunch" (she'd had a real/healthy breakfast at home).
Then I took her by Debbie's to have her "baby mullet" trimmed in the back. It only took a second, and she didn't seem to mind it at all. It looks cute. I want it to get longer, but it really needed to be trimmed a little bit. She sat on my lap and scribbled on Post-it notes while Debbie snipped.
Tonight we had Community Group (Bible study) at our house, and I made Dump Cake for dessert. Have you ever made it? It's the easiest dessert ever--but delicious. You pour a can of cherry pie filling and a can of crushed pineapple into a 9x13" pan. Cover evenly with a yellow cake mix (dry). Add pecans to the top, if desired. Cut one stick of butter into thin slices and place the slices evenly across the cake mix so that it will melt and form a nice, even crust. Bake at 350 until golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Escape to the Country With Me
8 months ago


2 comments:
I've never made it but mom made it ALL the time for us growing up. I may have to make one soon.
Alexee looks so cute in those pictures!!!!
The first time I ever had it Kelly was when your mom made it! It's Mario's FAVORITE!! Alexee looks too sweet! You and MK need to quit saying that she has a mullet! It's adorable!
Post a Comment