Baby showers are so much fun! Yesterday I helped with a shower for my sweet friend, Leslie. She & Brad are expecting their first child, Avery Reese, in December. Our friend Connie hosted the luncheon/shower at her beautiful home. Connie had the flowers arranged in silver vases--they looked gorgeous! I LOVE flowers!
Lunch was chicken caesar wraps, a pasta salad, spinach dip with pita chips, mango salsa with blue corn tortilla chips and a mixed fruit salad. For dessert we had petit fours and sugar cookies with Avery's initials on them in the nursery colors--pink & brown. 
Connie had this pretty wreath on her front door and she added letters to spell the baby's name at the top (made of cute scrapbook paper and attached to the wreath with those little plastic floral picks).

Connie gave me this recipe for the wraps:
--Multi-colored tortilla wraps (we used sun-dried tomato and spinach)
--Romaine lettuce, chopped
--about 5 chicken breasts, marinate overnight in Italian dressing, then grill. Cut into small pieces.
--Freshly grated parmesan cheese
--Bottle of Kraft Caesar Vinaigrette with Parmesan (toss lettuce, chicken and cheese in this dressing and roll into the tortillas). Pin them with a toothpick. I didn't think of it before, but I think an olive would have looked cute attached to the top. I might do that next time.
Connie had more cute scrapbook paper cut into small pieces. She asked each guest to write a "word of wisdom" on a card for Leslie. We took a picture of Leslie with each guest so that the picture and the wisdom card could be placed together in a cute pink & brown 4 x 6" album.
Leslie & Connie:
She received lots of cute gifts for Avery:

I can't wait to meet her little girl! Leslie and Brad are in our Bible Study group, and they are very special friends to us. We're so happy for them--they'll be great parents!
Escape to the Country With Me
8 months ago


6 comments:
Everything about that shower looks PERFECT! I LOVE those monogrammed cookies - did someone make those or did they buy them?
I'll have to try those roll ups for the next party! and I love the wreath idea!
P.S. Connie's house is GORGEOUS - I wish I could get a tour. I love her dining room!
Wish i could have been there! She looks adorable.
What a pretty shower!!
Fun shower..love her name in the wreath. Your wraps lookes yummy and cute cookies!!
Hi Jamie..I'm a friend of Jennie Beards. Would you mind telling me where those cookies and petit fours were ordered from and if its in Little Rock that would be perfect!
My e-mail is sooz.hawkins@gmail.com
I have a housewarming party in a few weeks and those would be perfect for the table.
I love your blog and all the neat ideas. My husbands Uncle Sonny Varnell says he knows your grandfather really well. I think on your dad's side of the family. Its such a small world!
Post a Comment