Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Miscellaneous

This is a post of random information. Alexee isn't feeling well, so I didn't take her to MDO today. She coughed a lot last night and has a runny nose. I didn't take her temperature this morning, but I'm just sure she had a slight fever--I could tell by looking at her little face. I gave her Tylenol and rocked her to sleep...this was the first morning nap she's taken in months (of course she wouldn't go back to sleep this afternoon, but she seemed to feel a little better then anyway). After dropping R off at MDO, we made a quick trip into the grocery store to get a few things. I saw these environmentally-friendly bags and decided to get them--I've been meaning to do that for a while. They were .99 each. I bought five but will need more next time because I still had to have three plastic bags and this wasn't even a big grocery trip. They have a weird smell, but they seemed to work great, and I feel good about doing a small bit to protect the environment. (Heather, are you proud of me?)I also bought this fall-scented candle today...it smells wonderful! I love love love this time of year. I'm hoping to buy mums for the front porch this week. I'm sure I'll forget to water them, as usual, but they're pretty for a little while!
I smiled when I unpacked my suitcase from Flippin this morning and found a collection of hickory nuts (? I think) underneath my clothes. Rhett had put them there to bring home with us. Little boys are SOOOO cute and funny! I gave them back to him this afternoon and he worked and worked trying to crack them.
Today was my meal day. This time I made taco salads, Mexican style rice, black beans and rice crispy treats. I packed seasoned ground beef, lettuce, sour cream, salsa, tomatoes, green chilis, cheese and avacados for toppings. Preparing the meals is a little busy/stressful, but it's so nice to know that I don't have to think about dinner plans for Tuesday or Thursday night--it makes it all worth it!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Yes, I am so proud of you!! Sorry A isn't feeling good, I hope she's better tomorrow. Love the surprise in your suitcase...little boys are the best. Yummy dinner, can you deliver some to Tejas please?

Kelly said...

Taco salads!!!!!!!!!
What a great idea. I'm always trying to think of meals that I can take to people when they have babies or are sick. That's a good idea. I'm using that next time!
I hope Alexee is feeling better!

Laurie said...

I am like you. I love getting a new Fall candle!

In His Army said...

This weather is Great-love this time of year. I'm laughing about the mums, because didn't you send a bunch home with me last year and told me I could replant them?? Is that what happened, you just forgot to water them?! I'm all for the dinner idea--trying to recruit friends right now who are too. I'm laughing about Rhett bringing home the nuts because when I washed and dried J's jeans there was one of Mo's rocks in the pocket. They just never are ready to leave, huh?! Hope A is feeling better...

amy (metz) walker said...

I saw your comment on Kelly's Korner and came on over...the part about the hickory nuts really made me laugh! Too funny!

Hope your daughter feels better!

His Doorkeeper said...

Hey Jamie,

Your Mom and I could trade off taking supper to each other...it's not much trouble to take a bag of popcorn over to their house!! har

Right, Brenda??

Leigh Ann said...

I hope A is feeling much better. I am in the mood for a new fall smelling candle myself. I bought Pumpkin Spice for some friends. It smelled divine. Your dinner sounds wonderful. I know your friends are enjoying all the goodness you are bringing to their houses!

The Keltons said...

Hope Alexee is feeling better now. Dinner looks great.