Wednesday, September 24, 2008

News!

"Every good and perfect gift is from above..." --James 1:17

After dinner tonight we gave the kids ice cream for dessert and we sat out on the deck...

...we wanted to share some great news with them about our family...We're having another baby! Rhett's eyes lit up, he kind-of gasped and said, "When!?" We told him it would be a long wait. The baby would not be here until after his 5th birthday (I'm 12+ weeks now, due April 5). He was really excited (Alexee just kept on eating her ice cream). Then R said, "Two babies around here might be a lot to handle." :) Lane told him it would be a while before we knew if he would have a baby brother or another little sister. Rhett said he thinks it's a girl. We'll hopefully find out November 20th--my ultra-sound is scheduled for then. He also wanted to know if he could be at the hospital when the baby arrived. We told him that he and Alexee would be the first people to meet the baby!
We then gave them new T-shirts that say "I'm the big brother" and "I'm in the middle".
God is so good ! We're very very thankful and excited.
Our THREE beautiful blessings!


Will you please join us in praying for the health of this precious child!?

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfuly made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well...All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." --Psalm 139:13-14, 16

26 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations dear friend..so glad we can now talk about this exciting news!! What a blessing for this baby to be born into such a loving, wonderful family. R & A are going to be the perfect big brother & sister. So happy for you all, and thrilled that I can actually come up when the baby is born. Hugs to you and Lane..love you!!

In His Army said...

I've known for a week or two now and I am so excited all over again reading this post!!!! We have been lifting you and sweet baby up in prayer and will continue to do so! I love these pictures of R&A--so precious!

The Milams said...

The cat is out of the bag!!!

Will continue to pray for your little miracle.

Kelly said...

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited you posted this. All week every time I see you've updated - I run to your blog hoping for this post. I'm ready to add you to my "baby momma" list!!!!
I could not be MORE thrilled for you and I'm so excited we are pregnant together!!!!!! Maybe THIS time you'll get that red headed girl!

Jacquie said...

Congratulations, Jamie and Lane!! You have such a precious family already and God is just blessing you thrice!! How sweet that you shared with the kids the way you did. Sounds like Rhett is really thinking about it! Ha!

Flo and Grace said...

Wow! I had no idea you guys were even trying! Yea!!!!! 3 is a wonderful number....I'm wishing you an easy-going pregnancy right now! Thanks for sharing the great news!

Sharmin said...

Congratulations! Now little Landon will have someone to play with, too! It will be fun to still have little babies in the family. (as long as they aren't mine! LOL I'm too old for another one, Logan is about all I can handle. Three is a good number, though, even if mine are all 8 years apart! (Can you believe Casey will be 20 next Monday 9-29!??)

Jennie said...

Oh, wow - congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I'll definitely pray for you and that precious little one!

sherry said...

Yeah! Congratulations Yammie and Lane! I am soo thrilled for you all!

Heidi Zawisza said...

How AWESOME!! A great big congratulations!! And your two little ones looked excited as well! YAY!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting to be adding another little one to your family! I read about your news on Kelly's blog...hope you don't mind me leaving a comment... and I just prayed for your new precious little one!

petrii said...

Congratulations!! I found you through Kelly's blog ~~ what wonderful knews, and I LOVE those t-shirts!! I need "and I'm in the middle" shirt. (I am 3 of 5 children, yes I know I'm all grown up now, but that shirt still ROCKS :0)

Lots of Blessings to you,
Dawn

pengellylove said...

Congrats, you all must be thrilled!
Melody

Melissa said...

Congratulations! How exciting! Hope the transition from two to three goes well for you. I just said a quick prayer for Baby #3.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I was just telling Andrea that I thought Alexee and Adrianne look sooo much alike. I am glad you are doing well and I will be praying for you and your new addition.

The Jennings said...

Congratulations! How exciting! I know Rhett is so excited! You can see it in his face!

Gretchan

The Hickmans said...

Congratulations- you'll be in my prayers!!

We've Got Scents said...

Congratulations! I will be praying for this precious child.
L.O.V.E. the 'middle' t! MK will HAVE TO find me one in my size!
Blessings always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22

Laurie said...

This is wonderful news! I am so happy for you all. I hope you will have a great pregnancy!

Candy said...

Congrats on baby #3!!! I pop over often from Kelly's blog. I love your blog because you AlWAYS have a new post and I love seeing the fun things you and your kids do! :) I would love to know where you got those cute shirts! :)
tacjoyce@bellsouth.net

Leigh Ann said...

I'm all teary eyed!!! Congratulations, Jamie! I LOVE R & A's shirts. Just precious. What a beautiful family you have and are expanding. YEAH! I'm just so happy for you!

The Milams said...

Please e-mail Kaye and tell her she is TOO OLD for the middle child tshirt!

The Purnell Family said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for y'all!

The Keltons said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited that we will be going through pregnanacy together. Rhett says the cutest most "grown-up" sounding things.

The Richards said...

WOW! I am so behind! ...was running thru the blogs I check regularly and read something about you skipping caffeine while pregnant so I had to backtrack and find out what was going on!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations!!!