The kids were playing out in the back yard this afternoon while I worked in the kitchen. I peeked out to check on them and saw them sitting side by side, playing in the dirt. I quietly grabbed the camera from the kitchen and snapped a few pictures. They looked so sweet! I wonder if Alexee will ever like to play with dolls? It's fine if she doesn't...I think she prefers to throw rocks and dig in the dirt with Rhett. When R noticed me standing on the corner of the deck, he said, "We're making compost. Do you have any old food to get rid of?" He said they were trying to help the crepe myrtle grow better by putting compost around its roots. (He saw something about compost on Curious George a while back--he never forgets anything.)
This morning A wanted her toe nails painted. You can't really see them in this picture, but her little dirty, painted toes looked so cute I could hardly stand it!
I'm so thankful that R & A play so well together. She, of course, wants to do everything that he does. I think this actually makes him kind of proud. He's USUALLY really patient with her and wants her to play. A lot of times at night he'll ask if she can stay up just a little longer to play with him. I pray they'll always be close friends.
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


8 comments:
Silly me, I posted a comment about this post on the post with the pumpkins. Oh well! I think it's great Rhett and Alexee play together so well, mine usually end up in a knock-down-drag-out!
Her little toes are cute!! : )
Your children are (as ever) adorable. I love the little things you notice about them. That's a momma's heart!
Great pictures! So funny about the "compost."
So sweet! I was wondering how on earth Rhett knew about compost. I was wondering if ya'll did compost piles at your house? ha!
These are great pics of them playing together! :) Rhett is SO smart knowing about compost piles! :) Ella asked to have her nails painted yesterday too! Girls are so funny!!! Hope ya'll have a great weekend! :)
Rhett is so sweet to play so patiently with Alexee. They will be buddies together and so grown up when the new baby arrives!
The pictures of them playing are so sweet! Hope you are feeling well!
Rhett is SO smart! I love the things he says.
That is so sweet they are so close and play so well together. I bet they will always be this way.
Post a Comment